Wednesday, April 05, 2006

161-1?!?

"We're gonna win Twins. We're gonna score. We're gonna win Twins. Watch that baseball soar. Knock out a home run. Shout a hip-hooray! Cheer for the Minnesota Twins today!"

Ah, spring, the time a young man's fancy truns very far away from studies and veers toward baseball...and girls...but mostly baseball.

It was quite depressing last night to watch El Presidente lose his first start of the year. Sure, I know they have to lose one here and there, but the first game of the year?!? And it was all my fault, because I was too busy reading very un-baseball related texts. They rallied when I skipped reading to watch a bit of the game, but their spirit's were too deflated to keep going when I had to turn it off.

But what a difference a day makes! I put off all that annoying (and extremely pressing) studying to rally my boys, and the responded. They dumped 13 runs on some good Blue Jays pitching, roughly equaling the amount of runs they've scored from the year 200 until now. Could this be the year their bats catch up to their pitching? I don't want to jinx it, but I did have a very strong urge to get all 5 Homer Hankies out...

Ok, maybe it's a bit early for that, but it sure as hell beats studying.

No comments: