Monday, June 04, 2007

Happy 300!



This post, my internet friends, is my humble 300th post. Each time I put up another hundred posts, I always feel it to be a good occassion to stop and recollect on life and whatnot, for as this humble li'l blog has grown, so too has the humble li'l blogger who writes it.

Sadly, this blog is actually a pretty good descriptor of my life. When I began blogging low these 2 and a half years ago, it's amazing to think of how different I was then. I suppose it's mainly a function of the lifecourse, in that I'm at an age where people probably change a bit more rapidly than they do in later years.

When I started the blog, my original goal with it was to make it a touchstone for the local political scene, that scene being the Waterloo/Cedar Falls (IA) area, so it really wasn't that big of a goal. But over time I learned what many before me have found; namely, that political diatribes are not likely to gain much attention. So, in my blog life, as in my real life, I've (hopefully) learned how to balance the politics with the rest of life, so as to hopefully be a little less "that guy" and a bit more entertaining, or at least, less annoying.

In my time on the interweb, I've been the subject of right-wing attacks, had a call from Jesus on his way to jury duty, been visited by the feds, came to yet another school, and of course, previously reflected on my own blog.

I've laughed, I've learned, I've cried, I've become somewhat computer literate. And according to the site tracker on my blog, I have gained a regular reader in India.

Not too shabby for something I initially started because I was bored at work...

No comments: