Thursday, June 07, 2007

I could be a #2 draft pick



Inspired by some interesting musings from the lawyer about the current state of the world...

So, by now pretty much all sports fans have heard about how sure #2 pick in the NBA draft Kevin Durant failed to bench 185 pounds at the pre-draft camp. Now, 185 pounds is a sizeable amount, but one that even your humble neighborhood blogger can manage a couple of times. Sure, mine aren't pretty, precise reps, but I can at least move the bar up and down, somehting Durant failed to do.

But you know who else can do it, reportedly 5 full times? That's right, everybody's favorite president. This could really explain a great deal, though. I mean, if you're working out enough that you can purportedly bench a theoretical max of 213 (my max is 234, but I've got a good 30-40 years of youth on my side) and run a 6:45 mile, you really don't have the time to read all those stupid security breifings or look for weapons of mass destruction or any other such pesky thing that might get in the way of your workout.

As for Durant, I would like to note that I, too, am available for the 2007 NBA draft. Or alternatley, even though I have my B.A., I still have all 4 years of my collegiate eligibility out there, in case Texas needs someone to replace him. Just putting that out there...

No comments: