Tuesday, January 20, 2009

So Yeah...Fuck That Guy



I think the reality of Bush being out of office really hit me last night as I watched the Daily Show, the final Daily Show of the administration. As most people who do so, I was first getting seriously into politics when I was in college. My freshman year Bush was elected and the Daily Show was just beginning its steep climb to respectability. And through the course of this administration, the Daily Show has probably done the best job of pointing out the odious mixture grave stupidity and arrogant, unearned confidence that have so marked this administration, and I couldn't help but note a bit of melancholy in their coverage of the last night of Bush.

And really, what more is there to say? The man and his administration have fucked up pretty much everything they've touched, and it really isn't that radical to suggest that Bush will be remembered as one of, if not the, worst presidents ever. Even people who voted for him twice (twice!) don't even bother to defend him anymore. And both he and Cheney, in all of their exit interviews and speeches, have not even pretended to show remorse. I don't have nearly as much Hope™ for the new guy as a lot of people do, but we can all agree that getting those bastards out of power is good first step toward making things better. Other than that, what bad things can I say about the guy that haven't already been said and won't be said again and again for many years to come? Not too many.

So, yeah...fuck that guy.

No comments: