Friday, March 14, 2008

This is actualy happening

Yes, a scant 21 years after the original, the Hollywood brain trust has finally greenlighted Lost Boys II: The Tribe.

Lost Boys is completely a "you had to be there" movie. As the use of the phrase "suck monkey" in the trailer indicates, unless you were born and/or spent your formative years in the 1980s, Lost Boys probably holds nothing for you.

But if you were born and/or spent your formative years in the 1980s, then you are probably incredibly excited right now. That movie could politely be termed a ubiqitous part of growing up in the 80s; I don't even really like it, and I've probably seen it a good half-dozen times or so. And I'm going to go see the sequel, despite the fact that I know it will be terrible, and as I mentioned, I'm not even that big a fan of the first one. Yet, I feel oddly drawn to it.

Maybe it's because Feldman's trademark red bandana survives the trip into the 21st century. Maybe it's because both Feldman and Haim will be in the flick. Or maybe it's because the head vampire will be played by Angus Sutherland, half-brother of Keifer, the original head vampire.

But in any event, check out the bad-ass trailer (and multiple Corey Feldman interviews) here:

No comments: