Monday, February 26, 2007

A Proud Poppa


Oh, the anticipation

I've owned very few cars in my life. 2 to be exact. While my previous car was purchased for $10 over the blue book value of $90, my current car started life with me as a baby-sitting job while my brother was overseas, but eventually just became my car. So I guess it was cheaper than my previous 1989 Ford Festiva, but it's probably worth a little bit more.

Of the many significant features that set this 1995 Nissan apart from my little Festiva (such as working seat belts, working heat, and a 5th gear, amongst others) probably the biggest is that when it came to me, it was under 100,000 miles.

But not anymore. For I have finally surpassed that milestone that every child dreams of and piloted the car long enough and patched it together enough times to see it mature from an insignificant 80,000 or so miles to the big 1-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. From this day forward, I no longer drive like a little boy; I drive like a man.

What a feeling.


A new dawn is on the horizon

No comments: