Tuesday, May 08, 2012

I Would Say I'm Going To Do This, But Then I Wouldn't

Here's an interesting/uplifting article about a woman who is going blind and has come up with a list of all the beautiful things in the world she wants to see before she loses the ability to do so.

I've got a lot of respect for people like this, because I feel like it's the kind of thing we all think we would do it that situation. But I know that I, for one, would talk about it a lot but then never actually get around to it. Then I'd be a blind guy who's never seen anything interesting.

It's also a good reminder to live every day to its fullest, live like you're dying, another generic slogan about leading a fulfilling life, etc. Because really, we're all slowly going blind, we just don't have as specific a date attached to it as this person does. And without such a specific notice, most of us tend to go about our daily lives like we'll always be able-bodied people with all the time in the world to do the things we want.

So on that note, I'm going to spend today sitting in a mostly windowless basement working on an outline. Living life to the fullest!

No comments: