Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm Going Record Shopping Today

Just got done with a phone interview for a fellowship I really want to get (mostly because it will involve receiving $12,000 pretty much no strings attached) and am in a good mood. And I'm working not 1, not 2, but 3 separate jobs this semester because I grow ever so slightly tired of poverty.

So now I have spending money and will hopefully soon have lots of living money, so I am going record shopping. Because what is the point of saving money if you don't foolishly waste it?

What albums will I buy? Lord only knows -- I have a list about two pages long of albums I want to buy when I have money. Can I now afford two pages worth of albums? No, I cannot. But I can afford 3-5 of them, so harsh decisions will need to be made.

And as with all my actions, I turn to Mother Church to make my decision for me. Recently, the Vatican released their list of top rock albums, and in addition to existing (which alone is cool enough), is surprisingly not that bad. How many albums will I purchase this afternoon that carry the explicit approval of the Vatican? Stay tuned...

No comments: