Tuesday, March 09, 2010

I Was Never a Wiener Winner

On the heels of today's depressing news that Joe Nathan is probably out for the year with a torn ligament, at least we know which hot dog will be featured at the new Target field this year.

Hormel has been dropped, and while this sadly means there will be no more dollar dog nights and I will officially ever be in the Hormel row of fame or be a wiener winner, at least the Twins are going back to tradition with Schweigerts, makers of the original Twins Dog at the old Met.

The original Twins dog will be accompanied by the Twins Big Dog, the Dugout Dog, and the unfortunately named Dinger Dog. Having recently secured tickets to the opening series, I think I'm going to have to try them all and report back. Can they beat the Dome Dog? I don't know, but I'm willing to do the leg work to find out...

No comments: