Saturday, June 05, 2010

First Blog In A While

Sorry for the relatively long period of silence folks, but I'm currently overseas and my internet access, well, she ain't what she used to be. But I find myself with an unexpected surplus of free time tonight, so hopefully I can knock a couple out and be back to the regular blogging that my legions of fans so angrily demand...

(Humorously right on cue to me writing a sentence about how my internet connection isn't that great, the power went out. Not everywhere has the decadence of American imperialism...)

Anyway, one of the areas I'm always reminded America lags far behind the world whenever I travel is in the area of colorful moneys. Sure, we're slowly but surely getting there, but anyone who has ever traveled internationally can attest, money elsewhere is so damn colorful.

Even our humble neighbors to the North have some pretty interesting bills, as the artwork below demonstrates. Unfortunately, that's not a standard issue Canadian bill, but rather one of many that has been upgraded in one of the most interesting flickr memes I've ever seen.

I can't really decide which is funnier about this -- that there exists such a collective of people making amusing images out of Canadian currency, or that if you look you'll notice the search term is just for Canada as there is apparently already such a wealth of defaced presidents that it gets its own drop down menu.

Either way, I'm glad to be back to blogging, and like a box of bran and prunes, posting should get a lot more regular soon...

No comments: