Monday, April 06, 2009

April Snows Bring May...something

Had quite the eventful weekend with much to report -- I mean, who saw it coming that Iowa would legalize gay marriage?

But possibly my oddest story of the weekend was heading back home. You see, Iowa got a freak April snowstorm which dumped 6 inches of snow in a matter of two hours. Of course, this snow happened to fall exactly where I and the lady were driving.

As a result, we were parked on I-35 for over 4 hours, as the road had been shut down and deemed "impassible." Adding insult to injury, we were only a few miles on the road before this happened, leading me to calculate that we had an overall moving average of about 1/4 miles/hour.

But, if nothing else, it did lead me to seeing not one, but three snowmen built in the middle of a major interstate, which is something I'll probably never see again in my life, especially not in April. Not that it makes turning a 4 hour trip into a 10 hour trip, but at least it's something.

No comments: