Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I Cannot Be the Only One Who Sees This



In case you've been living on Mars, in a cave, with your eyes shut and your fingers in your ears, you're probably aware of Wall-E, the newest Pixar release coming out this summer. The early buzz is pretty positive, and I'm sure the delightful li'l scamp gets into all sorts of wacky hi-jinx set to the tune of today's hottest music and eventually learns some sort of lesson in the end. I'm also sure that we'll be forced to view this image roughly 17,000,000 times this summer. But since I saw it for the first time a few weeks ago, I couldn't help but note the uncanny resemblance to a cheeky robot from an early era, the incomparable Johnny 5:



I'm not sure that the plots will be at all similar, but this one is bound to feature both less racist-stereotype characters and less Steve Gutenberg. Both of which are positive signs of growth in American society, I suppose.

1 comment:

B said...

I TOTALLY thought of Johnny 5!!! He was my hero back in the day.