Thursday, August 24, 2006

2 Skinnee J's to the rescue!

Well, the science-huggers have finally succeded in stripping our tiniest and most loveable planet of its planet-hood. Mnemonics everywhere will have to be changed. Disney promotional tie-ins will suffer. But most of all, it is the children who will be hurt.

Fortunately, many years ago (well, okay, 1998) the band 2 Skinnee J's had already tackled this problem with their ground-breaking anthem Pluto:

With depravity,
I break lots of gravity
Blast past the atmosphere
To the last frontier
I go boldly through space and time
The sky's the limit,
But the limit isn't the sky
I break orbit by habit,
I ignite satellites and leave rings round the planets
A flying ace like that beagle,
Nevertheless this alien remains illegal
Cause their discovery don't cover me
The immigrants been left in the cold
To grow old
And disintegrate
Discriminate
Against the distant and disclaimers,
Cause small minds can't see past uranus
When i shun their race
Cause that's just a phase
And my odyssey runs in 2001 ways
And i can see clearly now like hubbell
Shoved off the shuttle,
Here's my rebuttal
It's a planet.

Who do you represent?
I represent the smallest planet
A tourney in this journey
Versus those who tried to ban it.


If you don't agree
Go see interplanet janet cause
The sun is star like
Pluto
Is planet.
So lend me all ears
And let me state my case,
About all the types of satellites we must embrace
Cause like parents'
Great-grandparents,
This planet was an immigrant,
To deport it's an offense.
It's an upstanding member of the solar system
Abide the laws of earth and make it a victim.
Of proposition
107,
When pluto spawns a moon it will apply to the heavens.
A dandy like judas of a chariot
If you demote this boat
Remote to a goat
It's like taking et's custody from elliot,
Support yours
Clearly put cause,
Simply put

Pluto is a planet. pluto!
Pluto is a planet. pluto!
Pluto is a planet. pluto!
Pluto is a planet. pluto!

Do it
For the
Children,
If not for yourself.
Pluto
Is a
Planet!


Please, won't someone think about the children?

No comments: