Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I've been attacked by the right-wing attack machine! Hurrah!

So, I was doing that thing where you google your own name and see what there is about you out on the ol' internet, and I stumbled across something very interesting. Several months ago, I wrote a letter to the Editor of the Waterloo/Cedar Falls Courier (I'd link to it, but they don't archive letters to the editor this long) about how it's actually protestors, not the military, that get us our freedoms (the end of segregation, the GI Bill, freedom of speech, Social Security, the weekend, the 40 hour work week, child labor laws, to name a few). Anyhoo, some right-wing jerk-off posted it on his blog! It's way down at the bottom of the page (right above some drunken pictures of former ISU coach Larry Eustachy) in which he reprints the entirety of my article. He then informs me that this is "off the scale of lunacy" and that some needs to get me my medication. I'm not even sure how he knew I had a sore throat when I wrote that article.

But yes, stating indesputable historical facts is "off the scale of lunacy." This must be why there are no conservative college professors--they get very angered by intelligence, or even the simple reciting of facts.

Of course, I can be really upset by him being mean to me, because he also has a very erudite post in which he claimes the Associated Press is a terrorist organization. We'd better shut down EVERY NEWSPAPER IN AMERICA then, because they all use AP articles.

Quick! My meds!

No comments: