Friday, April 22, 2005

I don't seek out controversy, controversy just finds me...

So for those of you who go to UNI or live in the Cedar Valley area, you may have picked up tuesday's copy of the Northern Iowan. And you may have seen an article about the improv troupe I'm in, Half Masted 3.2. Well, to accompany the article, we sent them several publicity photos we had takenseveral moths ago (note my shorter dreadlocks) and they chose one to put in their fine publication. To be most accurate, for their half-page photo they chose this one:














I'm the fellow standing in the back at the top, for those of you not familiar with my earthly visage. Can you notice anything wrong with the picture? Well, I can. Not knowing this picture was ever going to be used for publicity (being as it is a very silly picture), I decided to use Jesse's patented fingerpenis(TM) to make with the funny business. Well, apparently the editors of the NI didn't notice, but several very angry students did. Now my fingerpenis(TM) has gotten the troupe and our director in some hot water. Obviously this was not my intention.

Nothing else to say, but good thing I didn't use my actual penis.

Obligatory penis joke:
Jesse: "Good thing I didn't use my actual penis"
Clever Reader: "That's ok, no one would have been able to see it. Zing!"

No comments: