And I did intend to get around to that. Eventually.
Though I probably should have gotten to it before I attempted to cook some bacon in the oven this morning, as that resulted in a grease fire in the crappy old oven.
Fortunately, it was confined to the oven, and I'm only out one pan (which I may be able to salvage!) and one package of expensive bacon. The only lasting downside is that my entire house is going to smell like a campfire for the foreseeable future. But now you can sure as shit bet I'll always have a fire extinguisher on hand.
For as I was running around through the smoke opening windows and debating what to do in the absence of a fire extinguisher, all I could think was "should have listened to Mom." Well, that and being super glad I got renter's insurance last week.
|Pictured: How I spent my morning|