Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Welcome To My New Big Boy Blog

As you may have noticed, this space has been quiet for some time now. I assume your world came screeching to a halt upon not seeing my posts for so long, and I wanted to let you all know that you may resume your lives as normal.

The pause started because I was incredibly busy, but as it dragged on, I pondered the future of the blog and whether I should keep it going or just give up the ghost. On the one hand, I love the outlet for free-writing longer pieces I would otherwise just think about when in the shower or whatever. And I've been keeping this blog running somewhat steadily for nigh unto 10 years now. On the other hand, it's some work to keep up and it doesn't serve much of a purpose other than to record my scattered and meaningless thoughts. On the mystical third hand only true believers can see, I'm now in a grown adult job and may be judged both personally and (much more important) professionally by colleagues who may read this.

In the end, I've decided to keep it going, but with a bit more focus and in a style that won't embarrass me when a journal editor googles my name.

So what you're seeing now is the new redesign: I've cleaned out some of the older posts that were meaningless diatribes about dating and other minute of my life -- fun for me to go back to and read, assumedly incredibly meaningless and boring to anyone who is not me.  Also, I changed the name. I never meant for the previous moniker to be the actual name, it was an inside joke with an improv troupe I was part of when I began the blog and then I was too lazy to change it. But a big boy blog deserves a name that at least wouldn't make me cringe should I be speaking about it to other adults.

So...here it is. I'll be back to posting 3-4 times a week, so stop by regularly. Or don't.

No comments: